There is a slight nip to the air in the mornings, definitely going back to school weather. As the world keeps spinning a slight change for us this year in that only one of the boys is heading back to school and the other moves on to university. The ebb flow of the house changing again, the longing for a routine to resume to normality at the same time a realisation that we will be one down in a months time. There are a little errands that are appearing here and there, sort a budget out, choose a laptop and pay the deposit on accommodation that bring it home to the mind.
The organisation of a suit for the leaving school dance really played with the memory cells taking me back 30 years to the time I bought my own, with the photograph that my mum took at the side of the house.
The week has flown by and I’ve had a mixed bag of success with the goals I’d set myself.
- Refreshed the number on the door using a gold paint. My hat goes off to the old school sign painter.
- We’d bought a drive away awning for the camper a few years ago, barely used and with guys growing it was time to move it on.
- Present for nephew, xbox one game
- Updated my about page, only a week or so after the rebrand
- Added in my Instagram feed: https://www.instagram.com/scribbleandscran
- Made my first your tube video (more an experiment and an adventure!)
- The obvious putting in a solid weeks work, last weeks wobble and the challenge came to pass, I survived, and now I have a weekends implementation ahead of me.
Alongside that though we have some scran on the agenda:
For the weekend – the main event. The BBQ is being rolled out for a vegan meal! Might sound like an oxymoron (if I knew what one was). Ok one vegan, and 7 flexitarians of which 2 teenagers ours will eat anything and 2 teenagers who might not eat anything. The BBQ is a great way of trying to cater for all. Starting off with grilled aubergine, courgettes and peppers before sullying the grill with meat. It’s very likely the last of our summer gatherings. We’ll be trying to stay outside making use of the new shelter. Albeit we are are free to have folk into the house now that Scotland has moved out of level zero.
- Smoked salmon that I brought back from Ullapool will make an appearance
- Apple and Rhubarb crumble, the Bramleys have started appearing like bowling balls and I couldn’t resist
- BBQ’d chicken and Lentil Soup
I thought I’d end this share with a walk round the garden, there feels like so many things are going on at the moment.
The #WeekendCoffeeShare is an informal weekly link-up hosted by Natalie the Explorer that serves as weekly heart beat and sort of of a mind-dump. Helps me reflect on my week, with a list of achievements, thoughts and rambles normally whilst drinking a beverage probably listening to music.